Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy Sunday.

Sara and I got up and met the family for the annual NBOCC Cancer Walk in Quiet Waters Park. I walked the majority of the 3k, I'd say, with my niece on my shoulders. I'm glad I had Savannah to keep me occupied. This was a hard walk to do without Mom. For the past few years we would all get there too early because Mom always had the start time wrong. Whomever was able to do the walk participated and the others would wait by the finish line. Then we would all go out to breakfast.

This year everyone did the walk. My father walked somewhere in the middle, his foot was bothering him, while Reb, the kids and I ventured ahead, and Sara and Robin brought up the rear. After the walk we met for breakfast, and then got together for Bennett's Birthday celebration. 'Scooby Doo' Cotton Candy Ice Cream Cake! It sounds odd but was quite good.

Then I had to run to my matinee performance, which went over well with the small audience. I came home, watched several hours of football, ate a pie that Sara baked, and obsessed about my fantasy stats.

No comments: