Friday, September 11, 2009

Has It Been 2 Months Already?

I guess it has.

Not a day goes by that I don't miss her, think about her or feel the absence her passing has left in my life. Something will happen, usually family related, and I'll think, "Mom, would think this is funny. Mom would agree with me." I wish I could hit #4 on my speed dial and tell her all about it. The job search is a slow process and I am used to her supportive words whenever I would get discouraged. I miss having her here to bolster me up when I need it.

I sometimes think about that last day in the hospital. That tiny little room, in that ICU ward with the loud nurses, beeping machines and Van Gogh's 'Starry Night' on the wall. I stood with my father, 2 brothers, and Aunt surrounding the hospital bed. I held her hand as she slipped away. For that I will be forever grateful. I was by her side, I kissed her goodbye and watched her breath her last breath.

It seems incredible that she's been gone for only 2 months but at the same time I can't believe that 2 months have passed.

No comments: