Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not Exact Quotes

On the way to the *hospital Mom said, "I may have let it slip about your April Fools Joke."

"Whaddya mean?"

She continued, "To your brother... I may have accidentally let it slip."

"Why? What did you say?"

"I asked him if he'd figured out your joke yet," Ma explained. "He said you hadn't played a joke on anyone. I said you had, it was him and that they weren't vacationing in a dry county. So I may have let it slip."

"Ma! That's not a slip. That's blowing the punchline. That's giving the joke away."

"Well... then that's what I did, I guess."

(*We were on the way to the hospital for an unexpected return trip to help deal with my mother's nagging pneumonia, and figure out what's going on. She's had to put off chemo to deal with the shortness of breath, and constant dry **cough.)

(**The cough is only amusing when you get her to laugh and the cough kicks in but that's only funny for a few rounds.)

No comments: