Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Latest

To the right you have the Kidney #1. Over the last ten years Kidney # 1 has caused me much grief. I was diagnosed with my condition after a bubble gum ball-sized stone was blocking the ureter. 2 years later I had 5 robin egg-sized stones cut out of that kidney. (The original stone was broken into 5 separate stones thanks to the wonders of lithotripsy.) This past January another stone sent me to the ER and a lithotripsy cleaned out the offending stone.

To the left you have Kidney # 2. My supposedly healthy and unaffected kidney... until this last episode when the urologist noticed a monstrous stone high in the organ. Since then we've made plans to remove the stone but my urologist has discovered that Kidney #2 is not functioning fully. A Mag 3 test was ordered for late May to gage the effectiveness of my twin organs. ( See Post For May 28th )

The Results:

Kidney #1 is carrying 94% of the workload for my renal system.

Kidney #2 clocks in at only 6%.

The doctors said anything below 15% is basically a dead organ. Stay Tuned...

No comments: