Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day


5 years ago, on Mother's Day, I found out my Mom had been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer.

So this year I made a card for my Mom with my class, bought some daffodils, and walked in the Northern Virginia: 5K Run/Walk for the Whisper to benefit Ovarian Cancer. The walk was cool. My brother and his family, my parents and some friends of theirs, my fiance and a few hundred people all walking in Reston, VA trying to raise awareness for the cause.

By the way, 5K, sure it's no marathon but it's nothing to sneeze at either. We finished in just over an hour. I had my nephew on my shoulders for a good part of the trek; we sang songs and told jokes to pass the time. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your walk. Nice photo. Miss you guys.