Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Few things That Make Me Happy Right Now

In response to a question posed to me by a friend - well, I say posed to me but it was really the end of a blog post she wrote - I will now list a few things that make me happy these days.

1)  The Public Library -  Lately I have been able to find back episodes of television shows, and movies on DVD at the library.  I finally saw Dark Knight Rising.  Sara and I got the 1st season of Modern Family to watch.  Season 2 of Archer is hilarious!  Yes, I know the library has books but my bookshelf here at home is already loaded with books that I need to find time to read.  (Also, I sometimes get audiobooks of CD from the library for my commute.  Sometimes these make me happy and sometimes they do not!  I'm 6 discs in on a book right now and the disc becomes unreadable, and skips through pages and pages.  Frustrating.) 

2)  My couches - Recently, Sara and I had the good fortune of receiving 2 couches from a friend of ours.  The couches were free and are much nicer and more comfortable than our old futon.  Recently, I was laid low with a cold of sorts and spent many hours curled up in the fetal position on our couch!  It's nice having a couch the whole family can fit on.


  3)  Evie Sue's Expanding Vocabulary - I've written before about my daughter's attempts to communicate with signs, but now she's trying to talk.  She babbles non-stop!  Sometimes her voice is the 1st thing I hear in the morning.  Sara gets up early with the baby to let me get a few extra moments sleep and I awaken to Evie Sue's sweet little babbles from the next room, or her high-pitched squeals.  She has tried many times to say Mama, Dada, More, Ball, Please, and even to name the dog, although Tootsie comes out sounding more like a slow leak.

4) Jason Mraz's album We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things (2008) -  This is one of Sara's CD's but it has ended up in the car and I often pop it in when I need to stay awake on my commute or brighten up for a long day ahead.  Particularly Track 10 The Dynamo of Volition get's me moving.  The album itself is a nice blend of poppy songs, thoughtful lyrics, and sometimes surprisingly funky tunes.  This album, Sara's not mine, has helped on many commutes.


5) Half- Empty Diaper Boxes - 
Makes me smile every time!














Obviously, my wife and child top the list but these have just been a few things that brighten my day.  Now I'll pose the question to you.  What are somethings that make you happy right now?

No comments: