Monday, May 07, 2012

Might Be A Little Anxious...

Last night I dreamed that I was working a help desk - fielding questions and demands from an endless line of clients.  I was always paired up with a fellow employee, not always the same employee, and often left alone for prolong periods of time when my counterparts would take a break. 
At one point I was working with a supervisor and I answered a question about salad dressing.  I answered correctly that we did not have the sought after product, suggested an alternate and was feeling pretty confident that I handled myself well.  Suddenly, the supervisor corrects me, offers her assistance to the customer, and shoots me a disapproving look for not having the correct information.  I was stressed out and started to doubt myself.  
Now, in the light of day I realize that I did, indeed, have my information correct.  I was right.  My stress was unnecessary.  I believe that the dream was just in anticipation of an upcoming job interview I'm going on.  The brain is a funny thing. 

No comments: