Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

Another year has come and gone...
Suddenly I am in my late 30s and I have no idea how I got here.   It seems like just the other day I was a young whipper-snapper trying to figure out what to do with my life.  Now I'm 37 years old and still trying to figure it out.
This last year has been quite the doozy.  Starting a new job.  Starting a 2nd job to supplement the new job.  The birth of my daughter.  Parenthood!  I'm a father!  There are still days when I wake up and have to remind myself that I am a parent.  It still seems like something so foreign to my understanding.
We're making it work, though, as best we can.  Hopefully, soon I will be on track to better support this family of mine, and I will be able to focus on enjoying the 1st year of the Button's life.  That is my goal for the next 365 days.  I want to settle the job uncertainty, and give myself permission to really be present and invested in the time I spend with my family.  Right now it often feels like I'm just spending time trying to stay awake between alternating shifts at my jobs.  I know the next year will bring its own set of challenges but I hope that when I post about my birthday next year I will be able to say that the late 30s have been kind to me.

1 comment:

linda said...

Happy Birthday again! You are AWESOME!