Monday, December 12, 2011

Nothing Yet!

Damn! Saturday - this one that just past - was our due date! No baby to speak of, not yet anyway. Everyone we speak to seems to have an opinion on when the baby will come. Some said the full moon. Some say, of course, we'll go late the 1st time. Others reassure me that Sara could go any minute.

No one knows anything.

Now I, as a 1st time father, am impatiently waiting - patiently - on this baby! One frustration in a long, long line of frustrations to come I am told.

When asked if she's 'sooo ready' to give birth Sara will just smile, tear up a little and say, "I'm just ready to meet her." I couldn't agree more, but I'm being selfish. Sara's carried this baby around for +9 months and I want a chance to carry something, to hold something, and to be a bigger part of this. We'll see how I do with the messy diapers.

No comments: