Saturday, December 03, 2011

Freaking Out In Tiny Little Increments!

(Sorry if you, my few readers, are getting tired of my posts about our impending parenthood but lately it seems that it's all I can think about.)
Are we ready for the baby?
Am I ready for the delivery room? I hope I don't faint!
Is Sara ready for delivery? I hope I don't faint!
While I'm sure that we'll come through the whole delivery ordeal better for the experience there is the fear of the unknown, you know?
And what about this car seat? Will I install it correctly?
What happens when I cut back on hours at work so I can spend more time at home but then my paycheck suffers?
What if my gag reflex is so bad when it comes to poopy diapers that I vomit on my baby?
What if I'm a bad father?
What if this child hates me?
Millions of tiny little panic attacks every minute; all self-contained and all bouncing around inside of my head.
That's what's going on with me these days.

2 comments:

linda said...

Just chill, my dear. These things have a way of working themselves out. Its called LIFE. You'll be fine. But, I get it. Love ya. See you soon.

Adam said...

I'm sure you're going to be a good father, unless you end up puking on your kid. That is an automatic dis-qualifier.