Monday, April 25, 2011

And We're Back...

Sara and I spent most of Easter Sunday on the road driving back from North Carolina. We had a wonderful time. As I predicted it was a much needed and appreciated break from our everyday lives. It has been years since I visited this area of the country and I forgot just how much I enjoy it.
1st let me say a few things about my friend, Justin. He is one of the most genuine, and caring people I have ever known. He's been this way since we were roommates back in college. He opened his home to us this past week, chauffeured us around Asheville, and was a giving host. Our good feelings about Asheville are reinforced by the knowledge that we have such a good friend there.We enjoyed the Asheville. It's a cool little mountain town with a city-like atmosphere. You can walk the streets, catch a bite to eat outside on a patio, and look up and see mountains a few miles away. It has a great variety of restaurants, cool shops, attractions, artwork and beautiful scenery.Then there was the cabin. Our friend Heather got us access to a cabin in the mountains on the Tennessee border. The mountains were beautiful, the cabin was rustic, and we enjoyed our time up in the woods. The cabin was on what used to be a Woman's Retreat, had a few spring-fed watering holes, some friendly dogs, and was extremely close to the Appalachian Trail. It was the perfect way to end the vacation.Now we're back from vacation wondering when we can go back. I've uploaded a lot of pics between this page and facebook and there's probably still more to come.

No comments: