Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I Was Surprised...

Between handfuls of Cheetos and sips of Apple Cider he says to me, "I wish I was born years ago. Then I could've played a Nintendo NES, or a Sega Genesis. I would've played those old platform video games with really cool music. Then I would've stayed up all night long trying to beat a game because back then you couldn't save your progress like you can now."

It made me chuckle. He also said that he didn't get why cell phones were, "...all the rage". It's refreshing to see an 11 year old who isn't quite satisfied or obsessed with the latest greatest technology and the instant gratification of today's society. I used to stay up all night trying to beat "those old platform games with really cool music" and somedays I miss those adventures.

No comments: