Monday, November 29, 2010

Even After All Of This Time

My stress often manifests itself into a Restaurant Dream! Or should I say nightmare. Rarely is it a specific restaurant but rather an amalgamation of several restaurants I worked in over the years. I realize halfway through the dream and then say to myself, 'Wait a minute, I don't work here anymore. This a dream. I wonder what's bugging me?' That usually ends the dream sequence.

I couldn't tell you what's stressing me out in particular right now: returning to work after the break, money, job related stress, or just life. I can tell you that last night, in my dreams I agreed to pick up an extra shift at a restaurant. They needed help with the hosting for the night. I then proceeded to spend the rest of the dream regretting my decision, and trying to piece together an appropriate uniform for my upcoming shift. My clothes were too wrinkled. I was afraid I'd forgotten how to use the POS system. Was it going to be a busy shift? I couldn't find the right shirt. I couldn't remember what time I'd agreed to show up for work. I was dreading bumping into the boss. All of these little stresses started to take over before I realized I'm dreaming. Then I wondered why I always dream about the restaurants.

No comments: