Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm Not Avoiding My Blog.

I'm not. But this is going to be a hard time for me and my family. This weekend it'll be a year since mom died. Inside I feel as if I'm a reeling mess but outside I feel like I'm containing it pretty well.

Yesterday I took my students rock climbing at Earth Treks' and it was great. While we were there I got a call from one of my favorite cousins. I couldn't pick up because I was halfway up a rock face. Obviously I realized the call was from her after I got back to the ground, but anyway I knew why she was calling. She wanted to check in on me this weekend specifically.

Later on I called my father because Sara and I had thought that maybe he would like some company this weekend. Pops and I chatted for a bit and he's keeping busy this weekend with work, but he said Sunday afternoon he's going to just hang around the house and have some 'Suzie Time'. Sunday I will be in Frederick, MD at a theatre awards ceremony, and so will have to find my own way to have some 'Suzie Time' or, I dunno, maybe I'll just say some 'Mom Time'. ('FROZEN' the last theatrical production I was in is nominated for a Ruby Griffith Award.)

We'll make it through this weekend, obviously, but I'll have to wait and see how blog-friendly my thoughts will be over the next day or two.

No comments: