Thursday, April 01, 2010

Not The Funniest Spring Break!

Or maybe I just don't feel that funny today, on April 1st. April Fools Day! There are certain people that would expect me to whip up a funny prank today and I'm sorry to disappoint. I woke up today and realized that I don't think I have it in me.

So far this Spring Break has consisted of me getting to sleep in a little (Yay), work a few nights at the restaurant (Boo), read a little (Yay), drink some beer (Yay), and stress about our taxes (Boo). It's not an exotic or exciting vacation by any stretch of the imagination.

It could be worse. Last year my landlords chose this week to have the siding on our house replaced and I had to wake up early every morning to the sound of hammers. Every Morning!

It could be better. Two years ago Sara and I spent our Spring Break on our honeymoon. We flew to San Francisco for a few days, and then spent some time up in wine country! I would love to go back.

So I'm sitting at my computer disappointed that I didn't plan for April Fools, disappointed that it rained for half of my Spring Break, and disappointed that we aren't sitting on the beach somewhere. Oh well, I guess it's time to turn this frown upside down. It looks beautiful outside. So maybe I'll take the Toot for a long walk, then drive downtown for lunch with a friend, and if I am feeling like spoiling myself maybe I'll get a nice cigar and sit out in the sun for a bit. I could try and pretend I'm someplace tropical.

No comments: