Saturday, May 30, 2009

Counting The Ways Opening Night!

The lights fade. The lights come up. I enter carrying a newspaper. Something catches my eye and I call for my wife. Sara enters the stage and sits down opposite of me at the table. Two more lines are exchanged and the power goes out.

Darkness. Silence.

The monsoon ranging outside momentarily caused a power outage while Sara and I are onstage doing our first scene together ever. Luckily the auxiliary lights came on and within seconds the power was restored to the building. We picked up the scene exactly where we had left off and the audience seemed to appreciate our poise.

After the show several people commented on the power failure but we blew it off, continued to mingle and sip cocktails with a slowly dwindling crowd.

No comments: