Sunday, November 23, 2008

Monday is the actual date...

... but Sara and I went out last night to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Almost 365 days ago Sara and I were finalizing plans and counting down to the nuptials. Now, here we are, a year later, and it's hard to believe that so much time has past.

We decided to go out for a celebratory dinner downtown Annapolis. We both wanted to try this restaurant, Osteria 177, so we made reservations and hoped for the best. We got downtown early so we went to another bar for a pre-dinner drink. Turns out we knew the bartender, through my brother, and got a free second round. (Gotta love it when that happens.)

Sara asked me at one point if I had told the restaurant staff that we were celebrating our anniversary; I didn't. We walk into the restaurant and give them our reservation. The hostess greets us and congratulates us on our anniversary. We are led to our table and our waitress also greets us with, "Happy Anniversary!" Hmmm, I guess I must've told the staff it was our anniversary. I didn't remember. Then she says, "Ma and Pa Patsy are putting $ towards a bottle of wine!"

The In-Laws!

That's what happened. Sara's mom had called and told the staff about our anniversary, and put down some money towards a bottle of wine.

The bottle of wine, Tofanelli's Napa Valley Charbono, was amazing. (Thank You Very Much!) Dinner also did not disappoint. We started off with beef carpaccio, and arugula salad for appetizers. For our entrees Sara had a Rockfish dinner, and I had parpadelle w/wild boar sauce. Tiramisu and after dinner drinks closed out the meal. All of the food was great. We will definitely be returning.

No comments: