Monday, November 17, 2008

Gutbusters & Broken Hearts

Went to the Redskins' game last night. We lost to the Cowboys! It was a difficult loss to accept. The first drive looked good and we thought that the game might be a good one, but by the 4th quarter it was clear we were not going to pull it out. Oh well, other than the losing part I had a great time.

We got to the parking lot a few hours before the game and tailgated. We pulled out a little grill, heated up some food and drank some beer. Chicken wings, brats, and Gutbusters.

"What's a Gutbuster?" you ask?

Well, my brother wrapped a harboiled egg with bacon, then wrapped that in ground sausage, then rolled it all in steel cut oats, grits, and various spices. He baked them, I believe, and then we just heated them up on the grill. They were amazing...

(It's quite possible that the Gutbusters were probably the nicest thing my brother has ever done for me. As I bit into that heavenly morsel I found myself forgiving him for countless wedgies, and other scarring childhood memories.)


(Above Right) Adam and I relax before the game.
(Left) Reb bites into his creation!


No comments: