Monday, October 29, 2007

PET Peeve!

I'm lying in bed, blissfully, asleep with thoughts of sugar plums break dancing in my head. The morning is cold. Beneath my comforter is warm. Suddenly, a warm, wetness slips across my thigh. There it is again. A warm, wet clam or something brushes across the back of my thigh. Am I dreaming? I move away from the unpleasant attack and role over refusing to give into consciousness. A rustling from beneath the covers, suddenly the clam is flicking across my eyelids, running across my cheeks, dampening my forehead with its unwelcome warmness.

It's too late.

Now I'm awake. Abruptly, I'm ousted from dreamland and find myself being assaulted by an overly affectionate dog at 5:56 AM. My alarm doesn't go off until 6:00 AM! I'm awake 4 minutes early! I hate being woken up before the alarm! This will ruin my entire day. I now will have to stay in bed for 10 extra minutes out of spite, before starting my day in a foul mood!

The good news is, that I won't have to shower this morning since Tootsie's tongue has bathed my entire face from bearded chin to receding hairline whilst I tried to sleep through the ordeal.

No comments: