Monday, October 01, 2007

Duct Hunting Season

This past weekend I had a blast working on a film submission to the 2007 CAmm SLamm 48 Hour Film Festival. This group in Baltimore, the Creative Alliance, sponsors the event. Each film team is given a prop at 8PM on Friday, everyone receives the same prop, and then must develop, film, and edit a film for screening by 8PM Sunday. This year's prop was a roll of duct tape.

The project my friend Dean came up with was a campy, horror flick entitled Attack of the Killer Duct Tape! We spent all day Saturday at the Sweathouse Section of Gunpowder Falls Park hiking, fighting off evil duct tape, fleeing from a giant ball of duct tape! It was a fun project to work on.

I'm not sure how well it went over at the screening, The campiness of the film may not have been as obvious as we would have wanted, and I know that my friend had hoped for a better response. I'm sure many of the directors had hoped for more enthusiastic receptions. Some of the films were very creative; others were less so.

48 hours is a short time in which to create a film... much less something worth watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw man...I wanted to participate as well...There was just too much stuff happening this weekend. I've worked on a couple in the past, and always had fun (also participated in at least one film I'll never show my mother).

If it's ever showing anywhere else, be sure to post news about it!

--Steve