Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Hey I got my papers."

I am confused at this random announcement. "What papers?"

"My divorce papers," she explains, "It's about to be final."

"Oh, that's too bad,"I offer. "I remember you said things were rough a while back."

"It got worse. He walked out. Just decided he didn't want to be married anymore."

"Sorry."

"So I called my lawyer. This is my second divorce," - I can't tell if she's bragging or not - "I don't fool around. So you know what I did?"

"I can't even begin to guess."

She takes a deep breath and then says, "I went out dancing. Last Friday. My husband came over to get somethings and I answered the door wearing a tank top, tight jeans and 2 inch heels. He had to sit down. He had to wait until I left before he could stand up. I know my husband and I know why he couldn't stand up."

EW!

"I already got a guy's number," she adds. "I told him we can't do anything yet. But soon as this divorce is finalized I'm gonna give him a call."

There were other details, about the four kids, the lack of explanations, the hurt feelings, and such. I realize I am easy to talk to but, come on... hold somethings back. I don't need all of the details. Somethings could be private.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, memories.

My divorce was finally finalized this past December. Considering she left me back in...oh, I'd say 2001, that must be a new record. She had sailed off to Florida with some guy she knew, and I was busy doing other stuff waiting for the whole year-apart requirement for a 'total divorce.' Waiting longer just made that extra assurance that we didn't want to be together, I suppose.

What's paperwork, anyway?

Take it easy, man! Here's to hoping you're not a victim to too much information in the near future.