Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good Bye Duckworth

Today was my last day of Summer School, and if everything goes according to plan -It will - my last day at my school. (This fall I will be starting a teaching position at a different school teaching theatre to special needs children.) I got a little emotional. This is the first job I've had in sometime where I am proud of the work I do. I've only been teaching there since November but I really got to feel comfortable, and appreciated there.
Despite the many struggles, the bruises and scrapes I really liked most of my students and I will miss seeing them everyday.
I will miss walking the halls and seeing all of the little faces light up when they see me.
I will miss hearing my name butchered by less articulate tongues.
I will miss the high fives.
I will some of my coworkers.
Here's hoping I fit in so well at my new job.

No comments: