Friday, June 15, 2007

Did I leave the coffee on?

One of the many things I have inherited from my mother and father, besides a good work ethic, respect for most others, and a love of Hush Puppies (The food not the shoes), may be a little senility. Now, I'm not talking about full blown dementia or anything, but just a tiny smattering of forgetfulness, silly little eccentricities, forgetfulness and sometimes I repeat myself, oh, and I may forget things from time to time.

Did I leave the water in the sink running. (Sometimes I do.)

Where the hell did I put my checkbook? (Always in a place where I'm sure I'll remember it.)

Did I just drive to work in my slippers? (Even today.)

Did I leave the coffee on? (This gets me every day.) Even if I have turned it off I can never fully remember switching the pot to the off setting. Sometimes I obsess about the oven... even if I haven't baked anything in weeks. I'll be half way to work and wonder about the oven or the coffee pot and start to worry. I'll worry for 2 hours... then I'll forget about it and start rummaging around for my checkbook.

No comments: