Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What Do You Mean 'Pacifically'?

Back in January I wrote This .

Today in class we gave our class presentations. The old rocker AKA the 1st Most Annoying Woman in the World gave hers. Presentations were all on teaching reading and/or language and literacy. She said 'Pacifically' or 'Pacific' at least ten times.

"This pacific example is..."

"You would answer this pacific question..."

The first few times I rolled my eyes. Then my neighbor leaned forward and whispered, "Pacific? Are you kidding me?" We laughed.

Then our other neighbor looked up and said, "What? Pacific?" The giggles started to grow.

I look across the classroom and another student in class makes eye contact with me and makes a funny face and waits for the next 'pacific' incident. She just cracks a smile and mouths, "Pacific?"

This is a teacher. She says 'Pacific' when she specifically means 'Specific'. I don't hold out much hope for the students.

No comments: