Thursday, July 10, 2014

And Another One Bites The Dust!

I have the worst luck with cars!  In the past 8 years I've had 5 cars... and in a few weeks that number will be SIX cars!  Snowflake, our Subaru, is dead.  As I type I am awaiting a call from a company who has promised to pick up my 1992 Subaru Legacy, tow it away and give me some money for the lifeless hulk.  We purchased the car 2 Decembers ago for relatively cheap, and managed to squeeze over a year and a half of life out of her but last week she breathed her last breath.  I broke down on the side of the rode twice, and was told that the engine is dead.  So now we move on.  The money I get today (Hopefully) will go towards our final car payment on our Taurus, The Raffeloff, and then we can start to figure out how to buy another car.  Being a single car family is challenging in this day and age.

In other news, I have completed a rough draft of the script I was working on, and have moved on to revising said script.  It is a full length stage play that I have worked on for a few years now, but this latest incarnation of the script seems to be going pretty well.  I hope to be able to submit it later in the month.

Work is work and the weeks just fly by.  I have been back at the Annapolis store for almost 4 months now.  It's hard to believe.  I miss some of my old work friends, and am sad that people I used to see everyday are not really a part of my day to day.  On the flip side of that coin it is great to reconnect with old friends, customers, and acquaintances that I now get to see more often.  It's fun how people come and go and come again into your life. 

No comments: