Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Why Bother?

A week ago I wrote this post about creativity, lack thereof, a book I was reading, and leash aggression.  I was reading this book about inspiration and feeling pretty uninspired.  It was a fascinating read, and, at times, alarming.  There was a section that discussed the drop off in creativity during middle age!  A chapter discussed urban friction, a concept which, loosely translated, means that in city settings individuals are forced to interact/cross paths and exchange ideas. 

My previous post was all about how my dog has developed leash aggression since living in seclusion here in Annapolis, and I have not been as creatively productively since moving to the Forest!  I sat on the unpublished post though because it seemed overly negative.  I felt like, unintentionally, it belittled my accomplishments since moving back to MD.  I didn't want to make it seem as if being a father wasn't the best development in my life!  So why bother?  Why bother complaining? 

Quitcha Bitchin, Boy!

I enjoyed the book.  It made me long for the days when I could sit down at my computer and work on a writing project, or wrestle with revisions.  I was approached by a friend to see some of my scripts for possible production in the future.  I enjoy spending my down time playing with baby, and snuggling with mommy.  That's what the life is right now.  So why not enjoy what I can? 

1 comment:

Adam said...

Tootsie has become Cujo on a leash. She tried to maul a lady's ankles last time I walked her.