Thursday, March 04, 2010

Rough Day

I was flying up and down the radio dial on my morning commute. I happened upon a local morning show, usually pretty obnoxious, and the dj was discussing the recent death of his mother. I was instantly sucked in.

He discussed being at the hospital with her. Her suffering. Being in the room as she slipped away. Remembering the good times, the childhood memories, and just dealing with the grief. It was good to hear but hard to listen to at the same time.

It's been just under 8 months since my mother passed away. I still think about it a lot and miss her everyday. It has not been an easy year - employment problems, financial matters, life decisions, etc. There are times when I feel like we're barely treading water; struggling to stay afloat. We are trying to turn things around, and get us back on track. We're fighting to get our feet back under us, and sometimes it seems like an impossible task.

No comments: