Saturday, March 06, 2010

'Frozen' Closing Night!

Tonight is the last performance. The rehearsal process, and character research was intense. Dealing with the production delays, all weather related, was a challenge. Our last weekend unfortunately hasn't gotten the audience we were hoping for because of the postponed opening. The backstage antics of the cast have been as equally entertaining as the acting onstage.

To be quite honest I wasn't quite sure how our production was going to be received. We've been pleasantly surprised. Audiences have seemed to enjoy the performances even if they didn't particularly enjoy the subject matter. The two reviews we received were overwhelmingly positive. Many patrons have approached me in the lobby after the show to engage me in conversation and compliment my work profusely.

I will miss this production. I am honored to have been a part of 'Frozen' and share the stage with a very talented cast. I am fortunate to have worked with a brilliant, sometimes too brilliant, director and a good friend of mine. It's a very dark, disturbing show but the end resonates with a positive message and I have enjoyed the ride.

No comments: