Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Dreams As Of Late

The anxiety from being unemployed at the end of the month, and having no medical insurance seeps into my unconsciousness every now and then.
The last book I read was called Neverwhere and was about a subterranean culture beneath the streets of London and that definitely flavored my dreams for a few nights.
Yesterday while Sara was having her procedure done I started reading Miracle In The Andes: 72 Days on the Mountain and My Long Trek Home. Sure enough last night I dreamt I was in a plane crash in the mountains, luckily, without Ethan Hawke.
The funniest thing about my dreams lately is that my Mom is still so prevalent. Half the time it isn't until I awaken that I realize I was even dreaming about her in the first place. Then I feel disappointed that I didn't pay more attention to her while I was in the dream. Other times I try to focus on her presence in the dreams and then suddenly, my reality interferes and she can only smile at me lovingly, but is unable to speak. I become obsessed with talking to her but she can't and then I realize it's because she's passed away. Then the dream dissolves into something else or my eyes open briefly to stare at my ceiling as I try to hold on to the fading dream.

No comments: