Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weird

So I was killing time between jobs today. I decided to drive over to this used bookstore. I have over 10 books on by 'to be read' list but I love looking through used bookstores. $2 books are pretty guilt free.

Anyway, I'm driving to the bookstore when I stop at a stoplight that has always been green before but today is red. I start thinking about what book I'm going to read next, how long it'll take me to read the book I'm on now, etc. When suddenly I glance up at the street name.

Grovesnor-

Why is that familiar? I don't think I've ever known the street name before but I swear it's familiar. Then I reach over to the passenger seat and pick up my current book, a non-fiction recalling of American secret agents trying to infiltrate the Third Reich, and I open the book to the last chapter I read and there is the name Grovesnor Street! The OSS headquarters was located on Grovesnor Street in London, England.

Isn't that weird? Okay, maybe not 'Twilight Zone' weird but odd enough that I felt the need to post a boring blog about it.

No comments: