Sunday, October 12, 2008

Running Storm; Still Running Strong!

This past Saturday I teamed up again with my friends at Running Storm Productions - that sounds more official than saying, "My friend Dean and his camcorder." - to work on a submission for CAmm SLamm 2008. The 48 hour film festival gives each film making team a common prop and then the teams have 48 hours to write, shoot, and edit an 8 minute film.

This year the prop were lottery tickets. We incorporated the prop into the first scene of a film about a man, me, who becomes infatuated with an abandoned mannequin and fixes her up to sell on ebay. The mannequin causes a rift in my marriage and I'm forced to choose between my wife or the statue.

It was a fun day of shooting. We shot in Canton, and along the waterfront. You should have seen the looks I got carrying the mannequin around the park, playing Frisbee with her, and having a lovely picnic date. I missed the screening tonight but I am anxiously awaiting word on how the film was received.

No comments: