Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vitality 5

Over the weekend I flew to Chicago to see Speaking Ring Theatre's 5th annual Vitality Festival. My script, Kings Of Cabbage, won the audience choice award. Not to belabour the obvious but that means that my script was chosen, by the audience as their favorite show in the festival.

That also means that my script will be produced AGAIN.

I couldn't have been happier with the production. The director, my friend Erin Rooney, really nailed the show. She created a very specific world, and cast a talented group of actors to breathe life into the show. Each of the three actors, 1 M & 2 F, were wonderfully zany, committed to their roles and had their time to shine onstage. (I actually enjoy laughing at a show with the audience, sometimes I am the only one amused by my writings.)

There are past shows that I am proud of, there are shows that I wish could be revised and produced again, but this was the most fun I've ever had watching a show that I've written. So thank you Rooney, and thank you to the cast: Neil Arsenty (The Walrus), Erin Orr (The Carpenter), and Aubrey Brown (The Solicitor). Break A Leg At Abbie Hoffman!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ty! The script was so much fun to work with. Thanks for creating a world for us to play in! I hope we do it justice at Abbie Hoffman!