Friday, August 10, 2007

My Yesterday

7:20 PM - The time that Southwest Flight 1717 was supposed to leave BWI en route to Chicago.

10:20 PM- The time posted for our flight delay due to inclement weather.

11:45 PM- The second time given for departure, after our flight delay, which actually was the departure time for Southwest Flight 806 originally schedule to leave at 2:30 PM.

12:30 AM - Yet another projected time of departure for Southwest Flight 1717.

1:15 AM - The time that our flight actually taxied to the runway for departure.

2:00 AM - (Central Time Zone) I step off of my quick little flight to Chicago for the weekend.

I spent a long time in the airport yesterday, and I wasn't the only one. Apparently there were weather fronts, and storm warnings and all kinds of delay causing phenomenon. Many flights were delayed and even cancelled. When I walked through the terminal in Chicago there were dozens of people sleeping on cots that the airlines had put out for the stranded.

No comments: