Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Old Pursuits

This long weekend I took the time to relax, unwind and tried not to dwell on the amount of school work I have ahead of me. This is a busy time of year for teachers and I have been swamped with paperwork. I will start taking education classes in the coming semester, add that to my work case load and I'll be quite busy.
But not this past weekend. No, instead I read a Tennessee Williams play that I really love, drank some coffee and tweaked three of my own scripts in the process. It's the first time since the move that I made an effort to sit at the computer and revise my own writing. Two of the scripts I have been working on for quite some time and I am aiming to submit them within the next few weeks. The third script was just a fun little idea I had which has led me into a completely different realm than I originally planned.
Writing has been a big part of who I am for as long as I can remember. It would be a shame to let my new 'career' overwhelm that passion. I must remember to write.

No comments: