Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Am I Hired?

Would you leave?

Seriously, think about it.

If a job opportunity arose, an opportunity for which you were uniquely suited but underqualified, and you were being considered for the position, would you consider it?

If years of crappy jobs, financial duress, and dead ends had left you feeling helpless, and lost, would you take a step towards something better?

If you had to leave your home of 8 years, and some of your friends for a chance to get on track again and make a difference, could you?

I have the love and support of my family, and my girlfriend - I am not doing anything here in Chicago that I couldn't do if I moved - I would be able to go back to school - I would get to accomplish something that matters - I could be a good uncle - and I could walk away from waiting tables and never look back, hopefully - I might even feel like an adult... eventually.

I would love to work with Children with Autism, again. If they give me the job I will do my best to rise to the occasion. I hope I am given the chance.

No comments: