Tuesday, May 31, 2016

11 Months & Counting!

2016 is flying by.  How is it already the end of May?  It's funny because when I'm at work the day seems to stretch into eternity but each morning as I wake up and check the calendar it appears as if time is speeding up on me.

We have now been in Minnesota for 11 months!  Summer is approaching, the warm weather has been nice, the flowers are in full bloom and pretty soon there will be farmers' markets, street festivals, pool parties backyard cook outs, etc.  Evie Sue has wrapped up another drama class, finished her swim lessons, and her last week of preschool.  Next year we are enrolling her in a different preschool program at a local nature center; because of her late birthday she'll have another year before Kindergarten.  Dance classes will be starting soon and there's probably, at least, another round of swim lessons in her future.  Ronen P is a walking, talking toddler.  (She talks non-stop even if we don't understand most of her gibberish.)  She loves to dance to music, imitate her big sister, and headbutt people when she gets a little perturbed.  The girls continue to grow, as they do, and their relationship as sisters blossoms and evolves.

In other unrelated news, the Premiere League season is over; Liverpool finished in 8th place, and choked in the finals of the UEFA Europa League tournament against Sevilla. It was a fun season though and I am hopeful that  Jurgen Klopp can manage the team into a top 4 finish soon.  Sara and I, along with her cousins Nikki & Dave, attended a Minnesota United FC game the other night.  The Loons are a local soccer/football club that will join the MLS (Major League Soccer) in a few seasons.  Right now they are in 4th place in the NASL (North American Soccer League) table.  They lost 0-2 but we still had a fun time supporting a local minor league sports team and hanging out with family.  I am about halfway through the podcast History of the World in 100 Objects.  My work routine has changed, I now am in charge of the cheese order, and I don't spend nearly as much time isolated in the dairy cooler as I did so my podcast listening time has diminished some.  I have also just started reading Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds.
  



No comments: