Thursday, June 05, 2014

Waiter! Oh, Waiter!

I have developed a bad habit.  I have become a waiter, when I have always wanted to become a do-er.  I'm not sure when this began.  I feel like used to be good about going out and getting things done.  I need to change this.

Ah, but there is the pitfall.  If I focus too much on trying to get things done I won't, or might not be able to stop and appreciate all of the things that may be happening around me.  Yet if I spend to much time waiting for things to happen then I might miss some golden opportunities.  Also, I need to acknowledge the fact that I have done some things recently, seized some opportunities, and tried to make things better.

Hmmm, I guess I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.  What's new?

Today - my day off - I was listening to music as I worked on a script for submission.  (See I'm doing things.)  I was listening to music, as I often do when I write.  Sometimes the songs go unheard and other times they pop out and snag my attention.  Today as I was working on this script, this long term project (See?  What am I waiting for?) several songs were worth stopping for.  The 1st song was Tom Petty's 'Walls'.  It's a good song.  Later on 'Runaround' by Van Halen came on.  Another good song.  And finally, the song 'Burn To Shine' by Ben Harper played.  All 3 songs are good songs.  (All 3 of these songs are easy enough to find online if you care to listen.)  I cannot say what made these songs stand out - I had music playing most of the day - but these stayed with me and were worth mentioning for the way the made me smile, or shrug my shoulders, or stare away from the computer screen  and take a momentary break from the writing before forging ahead.

The script isn't completed but it's coming along...  Wait and see.


No comments: