Friday, November 18, 2011

A Few Free Nights...

...But not really! It is true that I was off from job #2 for the last 4 nights but that's only because job #1 crept into my evenings for a few days. I'm helping our with the school's holiday theatrical production so after school rehearsals are needed. Also we've had parent/teacher conferences these past 2 weeks and I've had to be available for a few hours into the evening for 4 days. It was funny to hear some co-workers complain about being at work until 7Pm or so when usually if I'm on a double I work until midnight.
Getting home around 7:30 or so was a nice change of pace. I could have dinner with Sara, relax on the couch and go to bed at a halfway decent hour. It also made me think how I'm really going to want that time at home once the baby comes - in 3 weeks! How can I make that happen? Hmm?
If I'm working close to or over 70 hours a week now trying to prepare for the baby is it possible that once the baby comes - in 3 weeks - that I can cut back on a few hours so I can see the baby that's coming in 3 weeks or am I going to need to continue to work 70 hours a week just to keep us a float while Sara is out of work? Logic seems to say I need to keep working. So I guess that's what I'll do for the time being. Until something else comes along, I guess I'll savor the free nights I get when I can get them.
By the way, there's only 3 weeks until the baby comes. (In case you didn't get that already.)

No comments: