Monday, October 31, 2011

BOO!

Halloween is here and once again I do not know how it snuck up on me. True I've been busy but I'm always using that excuse these days. I had some great costume ideas but not the time or finances to put them together. I carved a Jack O'lantern that has slowly been nibbled on every night by some local wildlife. I worked the whole weekend and today. I didn't get to see the niece and nephew dress up, hand out candy or even just give someone a good scare. We did get a chance to watch a few classic silent film horror movies such as The Phantom of the Opera, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Nosferatu!

Oh, and I kinda gave half-hearted attempts at dressing up at work for the weekend. My most popular costume was my normal work attire - company shirt, name tag, etc - and a pair of butterfly wings. Every see the little girls running around with fairy, or butterfly wings strapped to their back? I did that. I got many different reactions.

(Reposted from my social network page.)
'You're a fairy,' said this cute little girl noticing my butterfly wings.
'No, I'm a butterfly,' I replied. 'I'd look pretty silly as a fairy, wouldn't I?'
She paused, opened her mouth to speak, paused again and then said, 'Um, you still kinda look silly.'

Tomorrow is November, the holidays will be here before we know it, and hopefully we'll be enjoying our little present soon. I'll try and post again before that happens.

No comments: