Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Storm Watch

Last night Sara and I drove into Baltimore for the screening of yet another Running Storm Production. This time our film, 'Time In A Trash Can' was being screened as part of the 48 Hour Film Project: Baltimore at the Charles Theater.

This years film was challenging for the genre choice that I've mentioned in previous posts. Our time travel movie was kinda pieced together by myself and Dean, and then shot in a very hectic manner - at least from my perspective. At the end of the shoot, I have to admit that I was a bit nervous. I wasn't sure that we'd captured all the shots we'd needed. I didn't know if the story arc would be there once all of the footage was pieced together. Dean had seemed especially antsy and, several times appeared exhausted, during the filming for this project.

It turned out great! The quality of the editing, the feel of the film. Granted it's still a 48 hour festival so nothing is especially refined or spot on but this movie turned out surprisingly well. There our 4 groups of films being screened over 2 days. Ours was the last film in the very 1st group. It seemed to be well received, got some laughs and a big round of applause at the end. Also, the fact that it's the last film the audience saw should be a bonus. We'll see how the film does when the official results are released.

No comments: