Sunday, December 06, 2009

A Good Day Off!

Today was my first day off all week. I've arranged it so between rehearsals, and both jobs I should get a Sunday off occasionally. Today was jam-packed!

Sara woke me up early this morning with concern over a friend/acquaintance of ours. His Facebook status claimed he died in a car accident overnight. Too early for a mystery. Sara left for work and I tried to go back to sleep.

As I awoke I was perturbed by the possible death of this Facebook friend of mine so I signed online and started to peruse the internet for confirmation or denial of his death. (Turns out it was a hoax. The perpetrator is still unknown.) I receive an IM - instant message - from another friend of mine informing me that his marriage is over after almost a decade and a half! I was still on my first cup of coffee!

Redskins lost a close game to the undefeated Saints. I cook collard greens & sausage soup for dinner, and watched George C. Scott in 'The Christmas Carol'. Sara got home from work and we set up the Xmas tree and watched 'Gremlins' - a highly overlooked holiday movie!

Decorating the tree was difficult. I would hang an ornament that my mother created years before, bought for me recently, or sent me for a present. It would remind me of her passing. I feel I will have a particularly hard time of it this holiday season since everything reminds me of her & her love of this special time of year.

She loved Xmas music. She got me into theatre by encouraging me into local productions of 'The Christmas Carol'. Our tree is an artificial number we had growing up and Mom later gave it to me for the holidays. Over half of our ornaments have sentimental value to me because of my mother. The holidays will forever remind me of my Mom. This one, being the first since her death, will be especially hard for all of us.

No comments: