Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Very Idea...

The email entreated me to stop by whenever I had the chance to discuss 'plans for next school year'. I misread the message and believed that the teacher had questions about my the coming semester and the classroom production we are developing. I stop by the Asperger program and she takes me aside and says something to the effect of, "I want you to seriously, seriously consider teaching the new middle school class next year." (Apparently the program is adding another class between the two existing Aspergers classes, and this specific teacher is suggesting, to not only me but the director of the program, as well, that I be the teacher.) "Just think about it."

I can only imagine the puzzled look on my face.

I came to this school to combine my two interests of performing arts and special education, and for now that is what I plan to do. Maybe sometime in the future after I go back to school I might feel more secure stepping back into the classroom as a head teacher but for now I think I'll stick to the 'Expressive Arts'.

No comments: